Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

CM - can you recommend a double buggy ?

(13 Posts)
mattysmummy Wed 21-Feb-07 10:02:03

Hi ladies, its time for me to invest in a double buggy. can any of you give your recommendations ? Thanks in advance

blueshoes Wed 21-Feb-07 10:45:51

Hi matty, how old are your little ones who are going to use the buggy? Twins or older/younger siblings?

blueshoes Wed 21-Feb-07 11:22:23

Oops, I seem to have wandered onto a cm thread. Was going to suggest tandem v. double, but I assume you are clued up on this!

WanderingTrolley Wed 21-Feb-07 11:23:56

What's the budget, and how old are the children who'll be using it?

StrawberrySnowflakes Wed 21-Feb-07 12:44:05

i am hiring the MAMU mamas and paaps in red and black, side by side, nice and slim(although not slim enough for ALL doorways..very light, flods very flat and both seats lay almost flat!

mattysmummy Wed 21-Feb-07 17:03:37

Its for 2 7 month olds. Dont know very much about them eg the lingo as to what is called what. I like the idea of side by side as they cant "chat" but also like one in front of the other for ease with doors etc..... help.....

mattysmummy Thu 22-Feb-07 19:59:51

Sorry I didnt type that very well, I like the idea of side by side so the CAN chat and see each other. Does anyone have any experience of Mothercares own or the Jane ? Thanks

hana Thu 22-Feb-07 20:03:05

I have a powertwin ( is that the Jane you meant?)
it's been ok, few teething probs with a dodgy front wheel, but has been fixed now and seems fine. tad expensive - I justified my as I use it every day to get dd1 to school!!! v slim and fits through all doorways, isn't that much bigger than a standard pram tbh

cjs76 Thu 22-Feb-07 20:15:38

I have the phil & ted's E3 - I love it kids are 2 and 6 months - they cant really chat but is really light to push, goes back to a single when you dont need the double - great for doorways etc - is quite expensive I paid £340 but you can sometime pick up 2nd hand!!

blodwen Fri 23-Feb-07 08:17:20

IMO the main deciding factor is how much walking you will be doing. If you need a buggy that fold up small(ish!) for going in and out of the car boot, you can't beat a Maclaren side by side. If you do lots of walking and less in an out of the car, then my best buy ever was a Mothercare Urban Detour double. Pushes like a dream even one handed with 2 toddlers in. No more backache! In fact I've just bought my second one on ebay)! Can't praise them highly enough!

franyfroo Fri 23-Feb-07 09:05:44

ive just won a brand new triple bugy on ebay for 60, cant believe it. will have to hide from hubby for a while, he go mad.

Jackmummy Fri 23-Feb-07 11:39:52

I have a double maclaren and a graco stadium duo.
I prefer the graco, but it is a tandam and only one seat reclines flat. So not so good with two littlies!
The maclaren is awful... don't get one.
Its really heavy and at first gave me achey arms although I was used to pusching the tandam. Really hard to bump up the slightest curb. Only good points are it folds very small and both seat recline. Which is why I still use it. If you can get a different buggy with reclining seats do!
Oh and its really stiff to erect an collapse.
I do love my tandam though!

mogs0 Sat 24-Feb-07 22:59:02

I have a major weakness for buggys!!

For the last year I have been using a phil and teds. Great if you have a baby and a toddler. I have recently bought a Jane Powertwin. I am a quite disappointed with it as I find it really heavy to push with two toddlers in it(much heavier than P & T).

I used to have the mothercare urban detour and absolutely loved it. It was so easy to push. Could even squeeze 3 on it and still push it! When I moved house I discovered it wouldn't fit through the gate so had to swap for the P&T. Also love the P&T and am thinking of putting the powertwin back on ebay.

Years ago, when I was nannying, I used a side-by-side similar to Maclaren and swore I'd never use anything like it again. Really difficult to push.

I would recommend air-filled wheels (much easier to push and get up curbs etc).

Given the ages of the children and if you have the room I'd go for a Mothercare Urban Detour!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now