Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

babysitting circle - how do you handle 'paying' when there's more than 1 child?

(4 Posts)
notsolilKel Tue 20-Feb-07 15:09:40

Hiya

My friends and I are starting up a babysitting circle. Any advice at all is welcome, but specifically we're wondering how best to handle it when you're looking after more than 1 child. Do you charge double tokens? That seems a bit much. We're thinking of charging one extra token per extra child per sitting session. Ideas?

Thanks!!

mykidzrmyworld Tue 20-Feb-07 18:17:40

not too sure how this works so forgive me if im talking through my bum but was thinking if kids are in bed does it matter how many kids there are?? Id also just say 1token per babysitting session!

beckybrastraps Tue 20-Feb-07 18:24:18

Doesn't matter to us. We vary a lot in age and number of children. All counts the same. For me, it's the giving up of an evening that counts (or getting an evening to yourself...) and not the number of children.

shimmy21 Tue 20-Feb-07 18:31:25

I've been in 2 babysitting circles and in neither did we charge or earn extra points for more than 1 child. After all, you don't pay babysitters more cash if you have more kids do you? As I see it you pay for the time. It's a hassle to go to someone else's house for an evening whether they have 1 or 4 children and 1 wide awake child is more work than 3 sleeping ones.

We earned double points for any time after midnight though - seems fair to me.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now