Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

What happens when you report a childminder?

(17 Posts)
Jamie87 Mon 26-Dec-16 17:23:56

First of all, this goes back about 5 years. I witnessed an awful childminder being horrible to children, calling them the n-word and other verbal abuse. Why I didnt report this then? I was a young naive girl.

I ran into this person recently and have a feeling I need to report this now. What happens when you report it? This person still works with children and is unsuitable to do the job. This person will of course say that it is not true. Do I need evidence? Other people have witnessed this too but will most likely not come forward. I am also worries that this person will say something bad about me. I dont work with children anymore but Id still

Blondeshavemorefun Mon 26-Dec-16 18:16:52

No chiidcare professional should be calling anyone child or adult then word

TBH I'm not see if any complaints would be looked into 5yrs later if no proof

Hopefully someone else will be able to advise

Maryann1975 Mon 26-Dec-16 21:16:55

In what way is she unsuitable? I would think (although have no idea really) that in the 5 years since what you saw, the cm has been inspected so they might not take much notice as they have seen all was well on inspection day.
What does she do now that worries you?

Wantagoodname Mon 26-Dec-16 21:43:13

I wish I'd have reported a childminder 10 years ago when I did work experience with her, I was also young and naive but I regularly think about one of the boys in particularly and the way she treated him.
It's put me off ever using a childminder.

Wantagoodname Mon 26-Dec-16 21:44:02

But I agree with the above its too late now, if you ever see anything again then report

thisgirlrides Mon 26-Dec-16 23:57:42

I disagree. Report now (I'd probably do it anonymously ) and if nothing else it will trigger a visit and may make her think twice before doing similar.

PoisonousSmurf Thu 29-Dec-16 17:56:18

You are all so perfect aren't you?

Borntobeamum Thu 29-Dec-16 20:13:27

I reported a childminder after seeing her hit a child.
I spoke to Ofsted who said I must ring social services.
I rang SS and relayed the whole story.
The lady on the phone then said 'Ok. So what happens now?'
I was shocked that she seemed to have no idea what the course of action was.

RacoonBandit Thu 29-Dec-16 20:15:11

confused

Borntobeamum Sat 31-Dec-16 17:36:25

Oh Racoon. Having a bad day?!

RacoonBandit Sat 31-Dec-16 20:06:25

Erm no it i was highliting Poisons post hence the confused face.

OneWithTheForce Sat 31-Dec-16 20:10:18

Umm, if not calling children the n word makes people perfect then I'm very happy to say I am perfect. It doesnt though, it just makes you not an abusive racist.

In what way is she unsuitable?

You read the OP didn't you?

"calling them the n-word and other verbal abuse"

Ohdearducks Sat 31-Dec-16 20:18:34

PoisonousSmurf

"You are all so perfect aren't you?"

Wtf?

Borntobeamum Mon 02-Jan-17 10:44:00

'Practically perfect in every way!'

hookiewookie29 Mon 02-Jan-17 20:15:24

All you can do is ring Ofsted for advice.Even though it was 5 years ago,other complaints may have been made about her since although they could have been seen as malicious etc. If they've had to inspect her or visit her unannounced due to other complaints then yours will add weight to them.
However, they may just log it, as it was so long ago, especially if no other complaints have been made.

Nirvanababy Mon 02-Jan-17 20:21:50

Don't feed the smurf troll, just report

Nirvanababy Mon 02-Jan-17 22:21:40

smurf it's disgusting that your one stupid troll commen has potentially ruined this thread. This is a child safety issue. I bloody well hope the children involved in this aren't hurt and that the OP reports the awful racist language used.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now