Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Can I do a PACEY course

(4 Posts)
bangingmyheadoffabrickwall Sun 25-Dec-16 21:11:19

My LA have informed me that they have no upcoming dates for childminding and that I am on the waiting list for pre-registration. I am assuming this is the 'what childminding entails' course before doing the actual childminding course.
I don't want to hang around waiting so I was wondering if it is possible to do the PACEY courses before registering with OFSTED and whether my LA would accept this?

A local childminder said the council are 'crying out' for childminders but due to lack of interest there are no courses. Also she said that OFSTED may take up to 18 months to register/vet potential childminders these days!

I don't want my future being left hanging wondering when I can pursue a childminding career.

Any advice much appreciated.

Snap8TheCat Mon 26-Dec-16 20:59:58

Honestly every LA differs on what they accept so you need to check with them.

bangingmyheadoffabrickwall Mon 26-Dec-16 21:49:39

Just says they have not checked the content of other providers so cannot endorse it rather than 'not accept it' IYKWIM

minisoksmakehardwork Sun 01-Jan-17 19:55:18

I had to do the pre registration course before enrolling on the packet course, and evidence id done the pre reg too. Though this might be because my LA are subsidising the course so I'm paying a lot less.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now