Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

planning

(15 Posts)
franyfroo Mon 19-Feb-07 10:15:00

Just been informed by my network coordinator that i need to show weekly and long term planning (coz i have nothing else to do with my time) how do you all set this out, anyone got any templates. I have piles of paper here now, wish i had never joined a network. i even have to do a pet policy for the rabbit. might do one for house flies as well, just to cover myself

StrawberrySnowflakes Mon 19-Feb-07 11:31:18

oh god!, how long winded!..katymac or someone may be able to help, not sure who else is in network.

alibubbles Mon 19-Feb-07 13:30:06

Hi, I am on a network, I assume that you are accredited and offering Early Years Education if you are having to provide proof of planning?

This would have been coverd during the accreditation processs and your co ordinator should have examples of planning to share with you, so you can make a format that works best for you

I find under5's.com really useful for ideas and planning help.

It is really easy when you have done it all, I just plan for the year, broken down into half terms, one theme for each half term, and one area to observe on a child each week means you can cover the 6 areas of learning over a half term.

You do not need to do anymore than that, I think accredited childminders are trying to do too much, we are not nurseries!

My planning etc has got simpler and simpler over the last 2 years and had the bare minimum to show Ofsted and I got O/S!

shosha Mon 19-Feb-07 14:02:22

Message withdrawn

franyfroo Mon 19-Feb-07 15:28:06

cant get under5's.com to come up? thanks shosha, will do

alibubbles Mon 19-Feb-07 17:38:11

under 5"s

ThePrisoner Mon 19-Feb-07 20:12:09

I am on a network, and we are encouraged to show proof of planning even if we're not going for accreditation.

Your pet policy, amongst any others, do not have to be long-winded affairs. You could include it in your Health and Safety Policy (because you'll have to do one of those as well!)

If you think of something, put it in writing - then you can't go wrong!

alibubbles Tue 20-Feb-07 07:27:45

Every childminder is going to have to plan soon with the new BT5 coming in.

Our network minders are also encouraged also to have themes and plan a bit, though not compulsory, we all do it, but which childminder doesn't plan loosley anyway?

You always have something up your sleeve with children, and your plans can change depending on circumstance and the weather!

shosha Tue 20-Feb-07 07:35:16

Message withdrawn

franyfroo Tue 20-Feb-07 08:38:16

thats what i have been told and she wants to see it all next visit. I am meaning bth to 3.

fed up

franyfroo Tue 20-Feb-07 08:38:49

shosha did you get my email

shosha Tue 20-Feb-07 08:54:17

Message withdrawn

shosha Tue 20-Feb-07 09:12:57

Message withdrawn

AUBINA Tue 20-Feb-07 09:23:12

Alibubbles, thank you for the website, it looks really useful. I have just joined a network and also started studing for my NVQ3.

shosha Wed 21-Feb-07 08:58:56

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now