Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Sensitive au pair issue

(6 Posts)
PolarEspresso Mon 19-Dec-16 16:34:13

We have a nice au pair girl, but unfortunately she has awful body odour. I really need to tackle this issue but not sure how best to address it without upsetting her! Has anyone been in a similar situation?

PinkSwimGoggles Mon 19-Dec-16 16:37:02

you need to talk to her.
not easy, I know. but you need to do it.

Daisiesandgerberas Mon 19-Dec-16 16:48:14

There was another post about this recently & the consensus was that if you trust them in your home & to look after your children, you should be open with them about this. From memory some suggestions such as giving them some shower gel etc as a 'welcome' gift were mentioned. I wasn't on that thread.

If you search for it you may be able to find it or maybe some other MNers may locate it.

PolarEspresso Tue 20-Dec-16 17:07:58

Thanks for your replies. I did give shower gel and deodorant as part of a welcome gift initially. Not sure how to bring it up again!

Daisiesandgerberas Tue 20-Dec-16 18:50:16

Eeek, ok, that's awkward.

Can you ask her if she'd like some more, did she like it? Can you get her a body spray (a subtle hint that's close to deo!) for Christmas?

yoowhoo Tue 20-Dec-16 20:08:33

Is it all the time? I shower daily, use deodorant (including an anti sweat deodorant that you leave on overnight every few weeks), wear perfume and wash the shirts after every wash, but some days I just naturally sweat loads and by the end of the day I can tell that I smell really bad. I get really conscious about it and it makes me really down but I honestly couldn't do anymore if I tried! Some people naturally are a bit whiffy at times. I'd be really upset and feel awkward if my employee brought this up because I do try everything already to make it stop. Short from getting some sort of surgery (which I wouldn't do for something that's natural) there's not more I can do! As I say though, I'm not always like this, maybe once a fortnight or something I notice it! It used to be every day in school before I discovered driclor which is amazing and reduced my sweating loads!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now