Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

I think I have found the perfect Aupair

(6 Posts)
mishmash Sun 18-Feb-07 22:24:22

And I am so excited on Aupair World. She is 110% our match - we have exchanged e=mails and she has completed my questionnaire so next step is telephone interview. I am just hoping that this isn't a "too good to be true" scenario

Millarkie Sun 18-Feb-07 22:38:47

ooh good luck.

We are searching for childcare at the moment - stressful eh?

mishmash Sun 18-Feb-07 22:41:56

Talk to me about it Millarkie - a complete and utter nightmare and headache but great when it works! Current AP isn't bad but I knew exactly what I was/was not looking for this time based on the experience.

Millarkie Sun 18-Feb-07 23:23:28

Well fingers crossed for the interview.

I was looking at the au pair sites today, but after snapping and grumping at the kids all weekend ( dd and I are ill, ds is hyper), I'm having second thoughts about inviting someone to witness my bad parenting up close.
I have had one good application as a live out part time nanny so am chasing that for now...will be back, begging you for au pair tips if it doesn't pan out

mishmash Sun 18-Feb-07 23:41:13

Ditto Millarkie - I know what you mean - but we are all human are we not . We don't have the perfect scenario either but is there so such a thing as the perfect parents and perfect kids - point me in their direction if you know of any

mishmash Tue 20-Feb-07 23:21:28

Actually think I have found two - spoke to both tonight and they sound ab fab and both want the job - I have asked them for references to try and help me decide. They are both perfect for our family.

If they would share a double bed I would take both - lol

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now