Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Desperately need a temporary nanny in Woking for Mon 19th, help!!!

(16 Posts)
Arianrhod Tue 13-Dec-16 09:13:34

Hi all, can anyone point me at somewhere I might be able to get a temporary nanny for next Monday 19th to look after my two year old twin boys for the day?? I had a temporary nanny lined up, but she's let us down just this morning, and worse is that they will need to be able to do a handover day with our regular nanny tomorrow or Thursday!

I had 4 local nanny agencies looking for me, but none of them were able to help (except the one who were supplying the nanny who's now let us down, and they don't have anyone else free).

I don't know where else to look, and panicking now!!

Doglikeafox Tue 13-Dec-16 13:04:39

Hiya hun, are you able to open up your search a bit and looking at childminder's in your area too?
I hope you manage to find someone. It may seem like a daft question, but have you tried childcare.co.uk ?

VeryPunny Tue 13-Dec-16 13:07:45

Have you tried sitters.co.uk? AFAIK they do whole day baby sitting. We used them for a night this year for DH's Xmas do when our friends were busy and they were fab - basically Mary Poppins turned up.

GettingitwrongHauntingatnight Tue 13-Dec-16 13:11:54

Try sitters

Arianrhod Tue 13-Dec-16 15:58:27

Thanks everyone ... I tried childcare.co.uk when I was first looking for a permanent nanny, and the replies I got were hugely discouraging, most were too young and inexperienced to leave highly active toddlers with them and those that weren't, weren't interested when they found out they were twins.

Sitters.co.uk we did use for a while about a year ago, I think we had 5 ladies come to help out while we were searching for a permanent nanny, and found exactly the same thing - not one of them were experienced enough to cope with the twins, even with either myself or my partner being in the house (working from home) to lend a hand where necessary. Even found one sitting watching TV while one of the boys was crying in the next room because he'd hurt himself; another one was far more interested in messing around on her phone than interacting with the boys. I can see how they might be great for babysitting (sleeping) older children in the evening, but our boys have literally only just turned 2, and they need someone who is experienced and able to look after two energetic toddlers at the same time.

I've never found a childminder who would look after 2 toddlers on an adhoc basis, not in our area anyway; in fact, I haven't ever found one in our area who had two spaces at the same time (I looked at childminders before ending up getting a nanny). I guess Woking is a busy area for needing childcare!!

Found two more agencies to ask, but same story - well, one of them anyway; none of their nannies are interested, while the other agency just hasn't responded at all. sad

Duckstar Tue 13-Dec-16 16:05:29

I go through a website called Emergency Childcare. I think it's run by Tinies Agency. Found them very good and sent reliable childcare. You do have to pay membership fee so might be expensive way, but if you are desperate!

Arianrhod Tue 13-Dec-16 19:19:16

Thanks Duckstar, Tinies are one of the 6 agencies that were looking for me, but said they didn't think they'd be able to help.

mee16 Tue 13-Dec-16 19:22:20

Hi
What area are you from Hun? As I might be able to help you?

Arianrhod Tue 13-Dec-16 21:42:02

Hey mee16, I'm in Woking, any good??

Toniwylie123 Tue 13-Dec-16 22:13:37

I'm able to help
My number is 07780914159

mee16 Tue 13-Dec-16 22:35:43

No sorry I'm from West Midlands

Toniwylie123 Wed 14-Dec-16 09:28:35

Nanny for over 8 years let me know if you would like help

Arianrhod Wed 14-Dec-16 10:04:06

Thanks Toniwylie123, have PMd you!

wizzywig Wed 14-Dec-16 17:44:54

Op did you get yourself sorted? I like a happy ending

Arianrhod Thu 15-Dec-16 09:10:42

I'm sorry to say no, Wizzywig, no happy ending here, I couldn't find anyone who could look after my boys on Monday but also have a handover day this week, which is needed not only for the temp nanny to learn what the boys' day is, but more importantly because my boys are really nervous around strangers still and would have had a thoroughly miserable time if they were left for the whole day with someone they didn't know.

So I'm facing having to take both boys with us on Monday ... and since we're going to the horse show at Olympia (Christmas treat for my 9 year old daughter), it's going to be hell sad sad sad

Arianrhod Mon 19-Dec-16 18:58:53

Especially for wizzywig, who likes a happy ending, I'm delighted to report the story DID have a happy ending after all, thanks to the very lovely RentANDBills, who took pity on me and came and manfully put up with the Terrible Twosome. So grateful, it meant we had a lovely time at the horse show, instead of the utter nightmare it would have been with the twins there! Christmas came early! 🎄 🎄 🎄

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now