Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Can anyone help me get childcare experience?

(9 Posts)
somethingwitty3432 Tue 06-Dec-16 11:07:28

Hi everyone,

I'm currently going through the adoption process & looking to gain voluntary experience with children aged 0-5. I have plenty of non-professional childcare experience in this age group with nieces & nephews etc so perfectly confident looking after kids but this isn't counted in my application. If anyone has any suggestions/is looking for help with kids I'm based in Bedfordshire but happy to drive wherever, I'm DBS checked, trained in Emergency First Aid for children as well as Safeguarding. I'm also a trained youth worker & work with children's (aged 11-21) charity's. I've asked local nurseries & volunteering centres but not getting anywhere fast.

Thanks!

NannyR Tue 06-Dec-16 11:15:16

I don't know if you are religious, but a lot of churches are desperately looking for Sunday school and creche volunteers.

Rumtopf Tue 06-Dec-16 11:18:43

Have you spoken to your local sure start? The library might also run a baby group for you to volunteer at, or have a ring round your local childminders and see if they would be happy for you to come in for a few hours.

somethingwitty3432 Tue 06-Dec-16 11:37:06

I hadn't thought of either of those but I will do - thanks both! :-)

DellaPorter Thu 29-Dec-16 09:56:02

Offer to help
Out with Cubs?

DellaPorter Thu 29-Dec-16 09:58:12

Sorry, didn't read that properly ... 0-5 ... Try contacting local twins club and see if you can help
Out there/if any families need a hand

MissJSays Thu 29-Dec-16 14:54:46

Contact local private day nurseries and explain your situation. A lot don't take volunteers, but if you say you're just looking for a couple of hours and explain about the adoption process I can't see many nursery managers turning you down

wizzywig Fri 30-Dec-16 00:02:55

Aah poo my youngest is 6

custardismyhamster Sun 08-Jan-17 16:53:00

Rainbows/Brownies/Guides would most likely bite your hand off especially if you could commit to a chunk of time (a term, perhaps) then they could plan activities around having an extra pair of hands

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now