Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Tax Free Childcare - Nanny needs help

(4 Posts)
HRarehoundingme Mon 21-Nov-16 19:00:13


I am an employed nanny. My employer has mentioned the new tax free childcare scheme. I have read up on it and see that there is a way to sign up but I can't seem to do it without a registration number. Does anyone know how to sign up for it?


nannynick Mon 21-Nov-16 19:10:07

You first need to register with the childcare regulator. If you are in England, then you need to register with Ofsted as a Home Childcarer (form CR1).

If you are already Ofsted registered, if you have access to the online system then check that Ofsted has your Setting address correct. If that is incorrect, change it and it should trigger you getting sent a letter about Tax Free Childcare. If your address is correct and you have not received your invitation letter to Tax Free Childcare, call 0300 123 4097 and talk to the Tax Free Childcare helpline.

Tax Free Childcare does not start until sometime during 2017. There are some parents who are part of a Pilot study... if the parents you work for are part of the pilot then I expect they would have special information for you. Therefore you probably have loads of time to sort out registering with Tax Free Childcare.

More information for Childcare Providers

More information for Parents

HRarehoundingme Mon 21-Nov-16 19:22:51

OK thanks nick. I am ofsted registered, so I'll just wait til they get in touch then. Thank you.

nannynick Mon 21-Nov-16 19:24:28

Letters have been sent out but I think some may still be coming during November. Wait a few weeks, maybe till January and then call the helpline if you have not had the letter.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now