Talk

Advanced search

Advice on finding a good child minder?

(4 Posts)
MauiChristmas Mon 14-Nov-16 14:52:04

Hi - I would like to use a child minder for my baby when I return to work. Could anyone advise me on the best way to go about finding someone good and reliable? What to look for and where to look? Thanks!

OP’s posts: |
grandmainmypocket Mon 14-Nov-16 20:37:13

Hiya
I would talk to other parents locally to find their personal recommendation. Or speak to people at playgroups.
Alternatively look on childcare.Co.UK

I would always recommend word of mouth though. Regarding what to ask this link has some good suggestions. www.pacey.org.uk/parents/choosing-great-childcare/questions-to-ask/

MauiChristmas Mon 14-Nov-16 20:39:17

Ok thanks. I'm fairly new to the area but this will be a good excuse to get out there and meet other parents....

OP’s posts: |
JeanGenie23 Tue 15-Nov-16 07:19:10

Contact your local family information service and get a list of childminders. They may also be able to give you a list of top questions to ask.
Visit a few places, look at Ofsted reports (but just bear in mind that these are not entirely representative of a childminder)

What's important to you in childcare? Someone who spends a lot of time outside? Someone with similar aged children? Someone who goes to different groups everyday?

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in