Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Childminder pick up and drop off service in Staines please? TW18

(13 Posts)
user1476428640 Fri 14-Oct-16 08:46:46

Hello everyone, I am new to this forum, sorry if I post in the wrong place.
I need a child minder to help pick up daughter from home to nursery and bring back home. 3 days a week . Monday , Tuesday and Thursday. I am currently pregnant with third baby and finding it difficult dropping and picking up as I do not drive. we can amend days if it helps.
From TW18 4NP to TW18 3DE .......
please any advice on this will be very helpful. Thank you all

LeopardPrintSocks1 Fri 14-Oct-16 08:50:39

Try childcare.co.uk you can post an ad for free for what you're looking for or you can search your area for local childminders.

Or try calling your local council and ask for a list of registered childminders in your area and ones who cover the nursery.

That's how I found my lovely cm

NickNacks Fri 14-Oct-16 19:06:37

To be honest it doesn't sound like you need a childminder, they have ratios to stick to and that half hour window will block out a whole day. Try a taxi service.

user1476428640 Fri 14-Oct-16 20:25:47

Thank you all for your advise, I have checked taxi service but is quite expensive as I can't afford it.
Thanks Leopardprint, I have signed up with childcare.co.uk , very helpful. thank you.

NickNacks Fri 14-Oct-16 20:50:50

Why would you expect a childminder to be cheaper? They are a heck of a lot more qualified on childrcare than a taxi driver!

user1476428640 Fri 14-Oct-16 21:12:53

@NickNacks pls refer to the post. Childminder will be cheaper for me because she only have to take my daughter(pick up and drop off ) and If i have to follow the taxi I have to come back with it, and i have to take it again for pick up and he/she bring us back that is the context I have checked it. I am ready to pay what childminder offer for this service . please I don't mean to be mean but I am only seeking for advise and help if anyone can offer this service. thank you

NickNacks Fri 14-Oct-16 21:29:45

I am a childminder and doing my best to advise you. This is not the sort of service that any childminder I know (and I know a lot!) would take on. Certainly not for less than a taxi prove anyway.

NickNacks Fri 14-Oct-16 21:30:36

I am also local to you so know the area demand.

user1476428640 Fri 14-Oct-16 22:05:33

thank you Nicknacks for your advise, I really appreciate. I may have to keep looking for other alternative and hope I get solution soon.

lovelynannytobe Fri 14-Oct-16 23:53:37

You will probably be better off with a taxi tbh. I would want at least £20 a go for the inconvenience of going out in a car, driving, dropping the child somewhere and then doing the reverse so that would be £40 a day.
If it's to much doing the nursery run just keep the little one at home with you until you feel you are able to face it again.

user1476428640 Sat 15-Oct-16 09:41:45

@lovelynannytobe thank you for your input. I was really thinking of that as well. I will have to explain to daughter as she love her nursery so much. she ask everyday if she was going to nursery. smile. I am hoping I pass my practical driving test soon to make things easier.

Cindy34 Sat 15-Oct-16 10:27:00

Is it a all day nursery or a sessional group like a pre-school? If the latter, then you may find a staff member might be able to do one or both trips.

user1476428640 Sat 15-Oct-16 11:38:54

@ Cindy34 Is a term time only montessori nursery.
can either do half day 9-1pm or full day 9 -3:30pm. DD does 1 half day and 2 full days at the moment but willing to adjust time and day to suit the person. I hope I answered your question correctly, forgive me if I didn't .

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now