This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Ofsted coming & new mindee

(6 Posts)
thisgirlrides Wed 12-Oct-16 23:05:43

Ofsyed are due next week for my 3 yearly inspection but will be coming when I only have 1 mindee who has only been with me a month! Other than daily diary & a baseline assessment I've literally just done this week, what on earth else can I show them confused. 2 of my EYFS children left in the summer before starting school & another one doesn't start for 2 weeks so I can't even show old learning journals as they all went with them to school.
Oh and depending on which day she comes I could have 3 school children at home so goodness only knows how I'll juggle baby, schoolies & ofsted envy

HSMMaCM Thu 13-Oct-16 13:43:22

Good luck grin. I was going to say make sure you have starting points, but you said you've already done a baseline assessment anyway.

All you need to do is demonstrate how you will assess development from here on.

Fingers crossed she comes on a day when it's just the two of you.

Maryann1975 Thu 13-Oct-16 14:24:49

You can't show what you don't have and if you have only just started with a baby, you can't be expected to have much on him. An 'on entry' tracking score, a couple of observations and all your on entry paperwork is all they can expect to see.
Do you have any other eyfs children even if they don't come on that day? Their books can still be shown as an example of what you do.
Fingers crossed it's just you and baby on the day though.

HSMMaCM Thu 13-Oct-16 14:30:15

Could a parent who has left lend you an old learning journey as an example?

jannier Thu 13-Oct-16 20:55:47

I would talk through what your going to do with the observations, in my evidence folder I keep a few observations from other children reference across and with notes on next steps....maybe you could sketch up a couple of ideas based on what you have seen just to demonstrate what you would do in the next few months clearly explaining its an example.

You could invite back a child and parent for a chat and to show books or contact them to get a folder.

Older children - this is great as you can demonstrate how you meet the needs of them all the type of interesting activities and conversations I had an after school inspection once and it was great loads of chat that made it easier to keep activities going just plan out what your Lo can do to join in appropriately like paining in the high chair, sensory bags etc. Are any of them children you have had from preschool days? if so you could have some of there stuff in the evidence file.

JeanGenie23 Fri 14-Oct-16 11:07:34

It wouldn't hurt to ask a previous parent if you could borrow a learning journal so you can show what you have done and will do again in the future.
As long as planning is on point, you have some observations and can show how you do them, then I think you will be fine. It's part and parcel of the job, mindees changing, and if Ofsted come during a transition time that can't be helped.

Good luck!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now