Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Harlow area childcare for young baby: advice please :)

(5 Posts)
SarahSparks Thu 29-Sep-16 17:16:38

Hello Ladies smile I'm completely new to this and feeling a bit lost! Can anyone in the Harlow area help, is there such a thing as a (really good) nanny/babysitter that would come to the house and care for my 2 month old baby for 4 or 5 hours while I had a sleep, at short notice (ie could I ask them to pop over tomorrow)? How much would I expect to pay and can anyone recommend someone trustworthy? I need to get some sleep! Thanks!

Callaird Thu 29-Sep-16 22:53:30

Google emergency childcare for your area. They can be pretty expensive though - £15/20 per hour and then agency fees on top.

You might be better off getting a night nanny in over night. They usually come 9pm - 6/7am and will take care of night feeds or bring the baby to you to feed and then deal with the winding and nappy change while you settle down to sleep again. You will have to provide a bed for the nanny, usually in the room with the baby. Still quite expensive - £12/17 per hour although some offer a flat rate for over night.

Eyedrophell Mon 03-Oct-16 11:31:08

Dizzy ducks day nurseries Ltd have a nursery in Harlow and offer a babysitting service and emergency childcare too in your own home. I don't have experience of them personally though.

Enelya Thu 06-Oct-16 20:45:48

Have you looked at sitters.co.uk? That sounds like the kind of thing they would do

SarahSparks Wed 12-Oct-16 16:43:47

Thanks for the advice smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now