Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Childcare while going to university?

(5 Posts)
Chloe663 Tue 27-Sep-16 23:50:13

I really want to go to university next year as I already deferred for a year after finding out about the baby. I'm due in April and will start in September when the baby's about 5 months. ANY tips on what I could do for childcare. My partner is willing to help and I have like one really good friend who's also offered, but what other options do i have for when they're not able to?

tissuesosoft Wed 28-Sep-16 08:07:37

Do you qualify for support for childcare under the student loans/bursaries? I believe there's a section on there (England student finance) asking if you have any dependants. Does your university have a crèche facility?

insancerre Wed 28-Sep-16 08:12:26

You can get help with childcare fees
www.gov.uk/childcare-grant/what-youll-get

Chloe663 Wed 28-Sep-16 12:42:00

Thank you guys so much. I'm starting next year but I'm definitely going to look into what you've told me.

Rattusn Wed 28-Sep-16 13:01:10

Talk to your university who will be able to give you advice. They may well have a subsidised nursery you can use, but there may be a long waiting list.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now