Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Writing my cv

(4 Posts)
ichangedmymindagain Sun 11-Sep-16 21:49:03

I am a very experienced nanny who has worked in childcare for over 30 years.I am now looking for a new position and rewriting my cv .
My questions is how far do I go back on my jobs ,my previous CV is 3 pages long with all my childcare positions ,I feel this is perhaps too long but how far should I go back ..
Are employers really interested in my positions from 20years ago or is the last ten far more important ..

nannynick Sun 11-Sep-16 22:04:46

I would include them all but just have them as single line entries, with Date Start, Date End, Brief description. Then for the last two or three jobs I would include a longer description.

NuffSaidSam Mon 12-Sep-16 09:54:18

If all of your jobs have been broadly similar I would list all of them as date, location (if that varies) and age of children when starting the job, so e.g.

Jan 2005-May 2010, London - James 3 years and Betsy 10 months.
June 2010-Spetember 2014, Paris - Pierre 5 years and Isabelle 2 years.

I would then include a paragraph covering your role/duties/experience from all the jobs. Otherwise it tends to be very repetitive because most nanny jobs are broadly the same unless you've had a job dealing with significant special needs or very unusual family circumstances.

EssentialHummus Mon 12-Sep-16 10:01:34

CV writer here. I'd include 10 years' worth (more or less) in detail, then the rest by name, age and location only, under "Earlier Roles".

Even the detailed ones should be a short para and 5-6 bullet points if possible - try to be succinct.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now