Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

What childcare am I looking for?

(4 Posts)
Buglife Fri 09-Sep-16 20:23:39

I need quite a minimal amount of childcare as DS (2) will be starting mornings 5 days a week at school pre school in February and I work 2 days a week. He currently goes to nursery 8-6 those days. So what I need is someone to pick him up from school and look after him for 4-5 hours until I come home, 2 days a week. At my home or theirs. I don't think a childminder would do this or a nanny as it's such a small amount of time. At a stretch we could have family do it but it's a big ask every week. It's probably only a few months until I can adjust my working hours to fit around it. What childcare is available for this kind of thing?

NickNacks Fri 09-Sep-16 20:39:12

Perfect hours for a childminder, I would do this.

Buglife Sat 10-Sep-16 07:58:06

You think so? That's good. I didn't know if a lot of childminders would want to do a midday pick up if they had charges finishing school at 3.30 etc as well. But then if a childminder had him for drop off as well that would be simple just swapping the two days nursery for two days childminding.

purpleladybird Sat 10-Sep-16 08:28:33

Does he need to go to pre school 5 days a week right now? Could you keep him in nursery on your working days and pre school on your non working days until you can change your work hours. Then move to pre school five days.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now