Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Granny au pair

(4 Posts)
MimiLaBonq1 Sun 04-Sep-16 17:09:31

I am considering a return to the workplace and would prefer an au pair type situation to after school and breakfast clubs.

We live rurally so would need an experienced driver. My children are not in contact with their grandparents and I was wondering if a granny au pair might not be a better idea.

Does anyone have any experience of this type of arrangement? An older woman joining the household rather than a gap year teen?

cpthen Sun 04-Sep-16 22:49:13

Not sure where you'd find one?

Who would be wanting to live on£90 per week? Any older person would likely have retirement plans etc.

What would they get in return? The AuPair plan is really for a cultural exchange.

Lonecatwithkitten Mon 05-Sep-16 01:28:06

I did try the Granny Au Pair website, there are ladies looking to come to the UK, but it made it very tricky to join.
I ended up having slightly older APs (25-26) who had definite aims like needing to improve English for job prospects.

summerainbow Tue 06-Sep-16 05:44:17

Local mature person prepared to come early and come do evening in the term time .
Get a cleaner
And may be young summer au pair for holidays.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now