This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Tips for nanny bringing baby in mat leave return

(8 Posts)
AperolSpitz Thu 01-Sep-16 06:54:47

Our lovely nanny is returning next week and bringing her 9 month old baby with her.

We have three DCs, all under 7, she knows them well and they will be at nursery/school for major chunks of the day. They love her and the new baby.

Do you have any other tips for making this work well for both of us? I am mostly concerned about the baby's welfare.

I have insisted we have a travel cot she can "plonk" the baby in to know she is in a safe space (no small Lego pieces etc.) if she is quickly needed elsewhere in the house to sort a dispute or find out the source of a blood curdling scream etc. but wondered if there is anything else we should bear in mind.

3littlebadgers Thu 01-Sep-16 07:08:57

How lovely are you? flowers

Sorry not much help really smile I think other than the cot, and possibly stair gates, your nanny will be happy providing the other bits.

Maybe, if your children are anything like mine, and have their Lego masterpieces on display, a way to prevent baby, when it is toddling, from going in and grabbing them?

bump6 Thu 01-Sep-16 14:21:38

When I bought my baby into work with me.
It really helped that I was able to leave high chair, travel cot & a box of toys in their garage.
So I didn't have to keep loading & unloading.

AperolSpitz Thu 01-Sep-16 17:39:51

Thanks 3littlebadgers and bump.

We have an old high chair I will wash down this weekend and loads of baby toys left.

I also think good point re Lego displays - we'll have to make some new rules maybe only in their rooms and a particular bookcase that is currently a shrine to Nexo knights and Ninjago and is hard to reach.

Artandco Thu 01-Sep-16 17:45:11

I would find space for a box she can keep spare nappies/ wipes/ mat, spare change of clothes, some baby suncream, etc in. That way she can bring some in daily but if for whatever reason she needs extra she doesn't have to take all 4 off to get some. Or if it turns of hotter or colder in the day than when she left she has a spare extra jumper or sung at for baby etc.

Otherwise baby will slot in easy enough. She can take them out for walk or whatever whilst yours are at school, an dim assuming will use a sling to make life easier to attending school stuff with baby

OlennasWimple Thu 01-Sep-16 17:55:04

Somewhere for the baby to sleep?

AperolSpitz Fri 02-Sep-16 06:25:00

A box is a great idea artandco thank you.

JellyTipisthebest Fri 02-Sep-16 07:45:19

I left a few bits at work so I didn't have to look like I was moving in each day. The house was safe any my baby wasn't mobile it was that last year before their twins went to school. my baby was 8 weeks so to begin with slept in the pram. I think i must of had a travel cot their but I can't really remember my baby may have slept while we were out. It worked due to it being part time term time only in a job I had for 4 years before. The boys loved my baby and played with her kept her safe while I used the loo.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now