Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

What 'not to do'!

(12 Posts)
MAsMum Tue 30-Aug-16 18:04:20

We've just got a lovely quiet shy Spanish aupair who has agreed to join us in October. She will be our first aupair and I appear to have made a rookie mistake🙈:

I've just found out that the reason why my aupair can't start this month is because she is modelling in Madrid Fashion Week!!

Needless, to say DH is very happy at this information grin

SleepyRoo Tue 30-Aug-16 18:05:10

Humblebrag?

MAsMum Tue 30-Aug-16 18:09:10

Not a brag at all , as I have to work away at least one night per week and we didn't know that she modelled.

TimTamTerrier Tue 30-Aug-16 18:13:08

Well, she will probably have handsome men her own age throwing themselves at her feet and an active social life so she won't be the slightest bit interested in your DH. grin

MAsMum Tue 30-Aug-16 18:16:57

Thanks TimTam Terrier that's what I'm hoping!!

superram Tue 30-Aug-16 18:29:34

I wouldn't be worried about her running off with my husband but I would be worried that she will bugger off to model for a living and leave me in the lurch.

yoowhoo Tue 30-Aug-16 19:51:52

is this a joke? I feel sorry for the author pair if your already thinking like this about her! Hoping your joking though

MAsMum Tue 30-Aug-16 20:24:12

It was meant to be a light hearted funny post !!

ninenicknames Tue 30-Aug-16 20:40:55

No joking matter. My father ran off with our au pair

Gusthetheatrecat Fri 02-Sep-16 10:13:01

This reminds me of our first au pair who was so tall, willowy and stylish that I spent the whole time she was with us feeling like a dwarf. One day she donned her bikini to have a watertight in the garden with my daughters and reduced my friend (female) who was visiting to stunned, open mouthed silence as she sashayed through the kitchen...

Gusthetheatrecat Fri 02-Sep-16 10:13:18

*waterfight

GrassW1dow Thu 08-Sep-16 15:20:01

Did anyone watch "Too Posh to Parent"?

The woman in charge of the nannying agency was advising the prospective nanny candidates not to enhance their beauty/wear clothes that made them look attractive etc....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now