Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

One off childcare

(4 Posts)
ACubed Sun 21-Aug-16 14:34:49

Hi All,
I've been looking online but not having much luck - is it common to get a childminder just for a couple of hours one evening? All I can find online are for children to go to their house. Usually I'd ask a friend or family, but no ones free - it's a five month old who would be put to bed before we go out and hardly wakes up, so really just need someone to watch telly downstairs and keep an ear out.
Does anyone know a reliable website to find cover like this? I'm in north London.
Any help would be really appreciated!

Karoleann Sun 21-Aug-16 17:01:37

You're probably typing the wrong thing into google. The term "childminder" is protected in the UK and refers to a registered person who minds children in their own home.

You want a babysitter. For a one-off I'd just call, they check all their sitters and they will give you someone with baby experience.

ACubed Sun 21-Aug-16 17:02:58

Yes a babysitter is what I need! Thanks v much

NickNacks Sun 21-Aug-16 21:47:34

Sadly the term Childminder isn't protected in the UK. I sometimes wish it was though!

Yy it's a babysitter you are after , and actually many childminders also provide this service.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now