Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Bit of a rant

(5 Posts)
swebb9 Thu 18-Aug-16 12:09:48

My mum looks after my LO whilst i work. I work full time and i pay her the going rate. However we recently had a family disagreement and she text me late last night to say she will not have my LO today so I had to take the day off work. The argument is complicated so i don't want to get into it and I don't want to talk to her but to text like that is wrong and I'm not sure what to do.

CodyKing Thu 18-Aug-16 12:17:15

Find LO full time care elsewhere - spend the day ringing and visiting childmnders or nurseries

She feels she's doing you a favor when you're paying?

Stop

Look elsewhere - you don't need that crap when you have to work

Missgraeme Thu 18-Aug-16 12:21:10

Your child doesn't need to be used as a pawn. Find a nursery and don't look back.

VimFuego101 Thu 18-Aug-16 12:22:46

Agree, find a nursery. Your mum is not reliable.

Rainbowunicorn73 Thu 18-Aug-16 12:26:11

Agree with pp, a child care arrangement where the carer will cancel last minute because they're cross with you is not really workable and not fair on your child. Find yourself a cm or nursery and leave your mum (once the argument blows over) to do occasional fun parts.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now