Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Best places to post a nanny job?

(15 Posts)
sarahnova69 Mon 08-Aug-16 22:11:07

Hi all,

Would love some advice on the best places to post a nanny job ad. We're looking for a 4 day a week nanny for some tinies and offering a good rate of pay. I know about childcare.co.uk of course but what other websites would people recommend? Any luck through Gumtree? Local facebook groups? Is it worth paying a fee to certain sites?

Would consider agency but want to have a go at the self driven route first!

Nickname1980 Mon 08-Aug-16 22:31:10

Boosting this as I was just about to ask the same question!

Nickname1980 Mon 08-Aug-16 22:32:14

Which agencies have you seen? I don't even know where to begin.... Would use one if they guaranteed somebody absolutely wonderful! Haha!

asg198 Tue 09-Aug-16 06:50:20

You can pay to post your own ad on nanny job.co.uk lots of nannies look there for work

Yerazig Tue 09-Aug-16 07:34:03

As a nanny I look on gumtree childcare.co.uk nannyjob findababysitter and some look on care.com. I would definitely pay to post an ad as its so annoying so many parents don't pay, but if you was going via an agency you could potentially be paying thousands to really do what you can do yourself if you have the time. I would also post on local Facebook groups. I've never found a permanent job that way, but have found lots of temp/babysitting work that way.

meggleshs Tue 09-Aug-16 10:54:16

Childcare.co.uk and NannyJobs.co.k

sarahnova69 Wed 10-Aug-16 12:28:42

Update: got what seems like plenty of credible applicants quickly, mostly via Gumtree and nannyjob. Thanks for your input, everyone!

sarahnova69 Wed 10-Aug-16 12:30:34

nickname1980 I was recommended Buttons Nanny Agency, but I haven't actually used them so can't speak to their service! I've also used Tinies for an emergency nanny and found them very good.

wizzywig Wed 10-Aug-16 12:31:57

Care.com ive fund much better candidates there than childcare.co.uk

LightTripper Thu 11-Aug-16 10:50:16

Thanks for the update sarahnova: I've also had success with nannyjob but haven't tried Gumtree before, so good to know that is worth adding to the list.

holzyb20 Thu 11-Aug-16 11:32:11

Hi, any of you in the London area?we are looking for someone to join our nanny share?

sarahnova69 Thu 11-Aug-16 11:54:03

LightTripper if anything I would say Gumtree has got me better candidates. I was surprised, I know it mostly as a buy/sell/trade so was sceptical but it's definitely delivered.

holzyb20 I am a Londoner but have a share partner - I'm sure you already know of it but nannyshare.co.uk does seem to be the best place (+ local fora).

holzyb20 Thu 11-Aug-16 11:57:49

Hi! Thanks for the website never heard of it! X

michy27 Thu 11-Aug-16 23:36:28

I've been in my nanny job for nearly two years and I found the job on Gumtree!

samanthamckendrick Thu 25-Aug-16 12:19:04

Hi everyone,

We are a new childcare agency to London who offer a completely bespoke service to families in sourcing the very best childcare professionals.

If you are looking for a nanny, governess or maternity nurse or would like to apply for any of our roles please don't hesitate to contact us for a friendly chat.

Thank you

www.maypoleagency.com
www.facebook.com/maypoleagency

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now