Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Care.com

(5 Posts)
user1467626279 Tue 02-Aug-16 17:29:40

Hello, has anyone used this website to source childcare, nannies, cleaners etc.?
I have used them in the past and have found the entire set up a bit dodgy. For example, you have to be really careful or they will take money from your account every month without you realising; you pay for a month's subscription to post an ad and the ad is only up for three weeks; they hide behind their email service when things go wrong.

Would love to hear from other mums' about their experience with these people - can't believe that I am the only person encountering such problems with them.

Missgraeme Tue 02-Aug-16 17:39:50

I am a child care provider on that site! I do agree that the financial side is dubious - tho I know I am a bone fide good carer looking for a job /jobs!! I have had one off evening babysitting jobs and now have a nanny position. If u use the free option of the site it works just as well as the paying option overall!

user1467626279 Tue 02-Aug-16 19:37:49

That is interesting. I use the site to find help and discovered that unless you upgrade to the premium membership you can't make contact with people who are looking for work unless they have their contact number or email address on their advert.

It is expensive and on top of that they try and rip you off as well! Really need another site that offers similar service but without the dubious/dodgy practices.

doctoratsea Wed 03-Aug-16 13:47:12

Sorry never used them, but was drawn to this post due to points regarding payment.

The T & C are quite clear in my opinion, however most people happily click through agreements without ever reading them and then complain.

With a few clicks (before registering for anything) I found the item below.

8.2 Automatic Subscription, Renewal and Cancellation of Premium Memberships for Care Seekers.

Your Premium Membership subscription will continue indefinitely until cancelled by you. After your initial subscription commitment period, and again after any subsequent subscription period, your subscription will automatically renew for an additional equivalent period as the subscription term you originally selected and at the subscription rate and frequency disclosed to you on the Site when you originally subscribed.

You may cancel your subscription by emailing Care.com Member Care or adjusting your account settings. If you cancel your subscription, you may use your subscription until the end of your then-current subscription term. Your subscription will not be renewed after your then-current term expires, but your credit card will be charged, and you will be required to pay, any cancellation or other fees associated with your early termination and disclosed to you at the time you signed up as a Premium Member.

wizzywig Fri 05-Aug-16 20:12:35

ive signed up to them to look for a nanny. ive had so many more responses from nanny's who have sen experience than on childcare.co.uk . so so far im really really happy with them

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now