Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Childminders- Environmental Health Department?

(6 Posts)
Elbekind Thu 28-Jul-16 18:52:55

Hi everyone,
Just looking for some advice on this. I have my Ofsted pre-registration inspection on Monday to become a childminder. I was looking at a PACEY example policy on health and safety earlier, where I came across this:
'I have registered with my local environmental health department, and ensure correct storage, hygiene of food preparation areas and preparation of food.'
I'm just wondering if this is something I actually need to do? I have had a look online on my council's web page and can't seem to find anything saying that I need to do that.
Have any of you done this? If so, how do I do it?
Any help is much appreciated, thanks!

DoItTooJulia Thu 28-Jul-16 18:57:13

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

DonkeyOaty Thu 28-Jul-16 18:59:45

[[ Food Standards agency advice]]

DonkeyOaty Thu 28-Jul-16 19:00:18

try again


Elbekind Thu 28-Jul-16 19:34:12

Thank you so much! Problem solvedsmile

HSMMaCM Thu 28-Jul-16 22:34:22

I think the action each local authority takes is different too. I had a visit from environmental health and a full food safety inspection. I have regular updates with them.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now