Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Teen help

(6 Posts)
LotsOfDots Wed 20-Jul-16 11:51:18

Hi, looking for some advice. I am hideously pregnant and it is school holidays here. My lovely neighbour's daughter (also lovely) is coming to give me some help with the DC, (8 and 5) plus waiting in for a delivery while I take the children to swimming lessons. She and her mum don't like to discuss payment, but she'll be here for an hour and a half today (while we are out) and then here with me for 4 hours later in the week to help keep the kids busy and give me a break. What do you think is a fair and generous amount to pay her? She's lovely with the girls and is 15.

Sadik Wed 20-Jul-16 11:59:27

Minimum wage for a 16 year old is £3.87 / hour, and in practice the under 16s that work around here seem to get around that amount. If she's good with the kids and you can afford it, I'd be inclined to round up to £4 / hour myself.

LotsOfDots Wed 20-Jul-16 13:55:15

Thanks sadik I was thinking about that so good to see I wasn't pitching too high or too low.

confusedalways Wed 20-Jul-16 19:48:03

I would probably round it up to £5 an hour.

nannylife Wed 20-Jul-16 21:58:43

I'd pay £5 per hour. That's what I got aged 14 as a waitress 9 years ago. I got similar for babysitting (£20 from 7 til 11/12)

LotsOfDots Mon 25-Jul-16 15:32:05

We went with £5 an hour. Worth every penny!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now