Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Ofsted registration for one and ten year old

(13 Posts)
Nothingbutrain Tue 12-Jul-16 13:35:59

I am trying to register with ofsted through the online portal so I can work with two separate families at different times in their homes , one looking after a year old baby and the other looking after a ten year old,both wanting to pay me with childcare vouchers.

There are a few options so I am not sure what to register as, and I'm trying to do it all online through my phone!

I emailed ofsted but they just sent me a generic email back.

Any help appreciated as I need to get registered very soon.

Thankyou smile

Nothingbutrain Tue 12-Jul-16 13:38:30

By the way I have my DBS, first aid and a childcare qualification which is equal to nanny core skills,insurance, so I'm ready to register just need to do it smile

Forresitters1 Tue 12-Jul-16 14:45:52

You need to apply on the voluntary register as a home childcarer/nanny. I've been a childminder for the last 4yrs so am out of touch with the nanny registration fees. When I last did nanny Ofsted registration I paid £99 or £103 - something like that.

asg198 Tue 12-Jul-16 15:45:28

You need the voluntary register £103 a year to be on it (most nannies ask the family/s) to pay as of no real benefit to us to be on it. Your DBS needs to be on the tracking system (annual fee of £13 for that) if it's not you will need to apply for another via the ofsted site and register it for tracking with 2 weeks of it arriving. Then you can apply to ofsted that process can take up to 12 weeks. Parents will not be able to pay you with vouchers until the ofsted certificate is through.

You need a valid 12 hour first aid child certificate.

nannynick Tue 12-Jul-16 21:50:05

So the parents are employing you as a part-time nanny.

Ofsted call this a Home Childcarer and it is the CR1 form that you need to complete. It will ask for the address at which you are working, I would put the one at which you will be at most.

Costs involved in registering as a nanny/home childcarer (PDF)
Guide for parents about employing a nanny (pdf)

DBS must be on the DBS Update service. This is a recent new requirement, so you may need to obtain a new DBS check via or from a nanny agency.

Nothingbutrain Wed 13-Jul-16 11:07:16

I have my DBS on the update service, as I registered it when I got it last year. I will work thirty hours with baby and about twelve with ten year old.
So I fill out the cr1 form online?

nannynick Wed 13-Jul-16 12:40:51

CR1 form and I would put work location as the babies home. You can always email them more details once you are registered.

Nothingbutrain Wed 13-Jul-16 12:53:53

Okay great thankssmile

Nothingbutrain Sat 16-Jul-16 15:28:33

I have just sat down to try and do this. When I log onto the government gateway I am very confused what to apply for, so many options, can't see what I need, thankyou

Nothingbutrain Sat 16-Jul-16 15:37:13

I am trying to register as a home childcarer but don't understand how

Nothingbutrain Sat 16-Jul-16 16:39:18

Okay I've stopped being silly and found the cr1 form online, thank you

nannynick Sat 16-Jul-16 18:12:15

Step by step guide to DBS & Ofsted Registration as Home Childcarer (nanny) - PDF ... should you still be stuck.

Nothingbutrain Sat 16-Jul-16 18:30:08

Thanks nanny nick, I think I was just being silly but didn't help was doing it on my phone confused

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now