Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

change from nursery work to being a childminder??

(2 Posts)
abbie1988 Sun 10-Jul-16 22:23:47

this is my first time on here and i was hoping for some advice. i recently work in a nursery, but i have been approached by a parent to be there childminder, which for a single parent like myself seems like an amazing opportunity for me to be able to spend more time with my daughter and look after someone else's child but i get working tax benefits and i was wondering, will i lose my benefits if i become a registered childminder?
any advice would be a great help.

asg198 Mon 11-Jul-16 07:26:24

Not sure about the benefits, poss if you work over a certain number of hours/get a certain amount of money.

But becoming a reg childminder is not easy and a lot of work esp if just for one family. And it means the children come to your home and you need to keep records etc plus do your own tax and ni etc. Do they mean for you to go to their house so you would be their nanny where they give you paid holidays and pay your tax and ni on your behalf from your gross wage same as at nursery, also if it is a parent from nursery I would get both parties to check their contracts carefully as the nursery may have a clause saying staff can not work for a family for a certain amount of time after one party leaves the nursery.

Good luck

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now