This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

How do others get into wedding babysitting?

(8 Posts)
nannylife Wed 29-Jun-16 19:13:12

I've babysat at a wedding once before, it was just in the evening and pretty well paid. This was a friend of a friend. I really enjoyed it and obviously the extra money is great, more money than a normal babysit, which is nice because I hate giving up my evenings to babysit as it is but need the extra money for bills etc..
Where do people search for wedding jobs? I'm in the south west if that makes any difference?
Other event nannying/ babysitting I'd be interested in too!

Ilovewillow Wed 29-Jun-16 22:12:21

Hi - our nanny also does event babysitting, weddings etc in her spare time and she does it through a nanny agency. Worth a try!

foursillybeans Wed 29-Jun-16 22:13:56

What about having a look at a wedding fair?

nannylife Sat 02-Jul-16 20:44:48

Thanks both. Good suggestions. I will try

Blondeshavemorefun Sun 03-Jul-16 13:06:38

I do a lot of wedding events. Some are word of mouth. Others through nanny agencies as well as wedding crèches

Two that are about but not sure if near you as depends how south west

Bearsted Babes and All events childcare

Google them and see if your area

If not then yes wedding fair's local to you as I always work via Bearsted babes and at the local wedding fair's

jannier Sun 03-Jul-16 21:26:04

Don't forget you will need insurance especially if working for several families, contact Morton Michelle.

nannylife Sun 03-Jul-16 21:29:12

Thanks blondes. I will check all those out too.
jannier I have insurance as I'm a nanny. I thought all nannies had to have insurance ?

Blondeshavemorefun Sun 03-Jul-16 23:09:44

Unless ofsted registered then nannies don't need to have insurance - but personally I feel all professional nannies who want families and agencies to take them Seriously should have insurance

If working through an agency /wedding crèche then the company will also have insurance to cover their nannies at their bookings

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now