Talk

Advanced search

Leaving gift for childminder

(11 Posts)
jannier Mon 04-Jul-16 09:20:05

What means the most to me is little visits and updates on progress.

We don't often have much just for us so I think a voucher for a treat day or gift is nice.

waitingforsomething Mon 04-Jul-16 01:53:21

I loved my cm she looked after dd for 2 years until I went on Mat leave with ds.
I bought her a spa voucher, some flowers and a small chocolate gift for each of her daughters

alibubbles Sat 02-Jul-16 14:15:39

I don't want to seem ungrateful, but no chocs, ( I don't eat them)no candles, ( I hate the smell of some of them, and prefer to use church candles, no smell) no plants please! I have cupboards full of them that I give to my mother for her WI raffles and the plants die in a week in my care!

A beautifully written card of thoughtful words of thanks, is all that is needed. I love to look back through all my cards, and put them into an album. I have many going back over 20 years or more.

downright Wed 29-Jun-16 17:14:19

That sounds like I made the cm do the kit. I didn't. Me and child did the kit, she got the picture smile

fieldfare Wed 29-Jun-16 15:53:25

When I stopped I was given gifts by various parents: a beautiful glass vase and a bunch of flowers, a bottle of wine and a box of nice chocolates, a John Lewis voucher, a cardi/wrap type thing (this was from my friend) and Sunday lunch at my favourite local restaurant.

I wouldn't have dreamt of accepting a month's fees!

Jackie0 Wed 29-Jun-16 15:45:06

It probably goes without saying but avoid photos of the kids or something made by the kids , we' re already covered for arts and crafts wink

downright Wed 29-Jun-16 15:40:49

Have a look for personalized stuff on not on the high street.com. I got ours a kit where you made a tree out of handprints with some personalized writing underneath.

No way would I pay a bonus month. I'm not made of money.

Jackie0 Wed 29-Jun-16 15:26:37

I've never heard of an extra months money,id be embarrassed.
Nice presents are ,a flowering plant in a pot, booze, voucher for a department store, maybe perfume if you know what she likes.
I'd be delighted with any of those .

thenewaveragebear1983 Wed 29-Jun-16 15:26:12

I am going to get ours a nice plant for her garden and probably some wine/chocs or something personal like a painted plate. I will be very sad to lose her, she has been amazing and my ds loves her like family.

Notagainmun Wed 29-Jun-16 15:22:41

I always appreciated a voucher for a spa day with a friend or posh afternoon champagne tea. One of my favourite presents was a pretty personalized mug with Best Childminder on it.

Loafingaround Wed 29-Jun-16 14:34:42

Our daughter has been with our lovely childminder for 2 years and sadly the time has come when we are in her last month with her.

I think I read somewhere on here ages ago that some people allow their CM to keep their initial deposit as leaving gift/give an entire months bonus??
Sadly we just cant stretch this much- should I pay her final month as usual and then give a gift on last day? Was thinking cash/vouchers and bottle bubbly? What amount seems generous but not too OTT? Thanks.

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in