Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Nanny housekeeper

(10 Posts)
Fenellat Wed 22-Jun-16 12:51:07

Hi

Does anyone know of a good live out nanny/housekeeper? My little one is 3 months old and trying to find someone to help for about 30 hours a week.

I'd be so grateful for any recommendations smile

Ebb Wed 22-Jun-16 13:43:51

You might want to give a general location if you want live out. smile

Yerazig Wed 22-Jun-16 13:52:13

Would the person be expected to clean plus look after the baby full time?

Fenellat Wed 22-Jun-16 14:46:21

I'm in Knightsbridge. It is to look after the house and help me with the baby, I will be around

sparechange Wed 22-Jun-16 15:19:25

Have you tried any of the agencies?

Blondeshavemorefun Sat 25-Jun-16 09:03:53

Tbh a good nanny with lots of baby experience is unlikely to want to be a housekeeper

A good HK who can clean may not be good /experienced with babies

HK/nannies generally work better when older children as babies take up more time

You may need a cleaner and a nanny

DurhamDurham Sat 25-Jun-16 09:07:49

I think if you want a cleaner who does some babysitting you'll struggle if you employ a nanny. Nannies usually have a very defined role, hope you find what you're looking for smile

sparechange Sat 25-Jun-16 12:08:02

Nanny housekeepers are very common in London. A quick look at the main agency near me has several vacancies for them, and several candidates listing willingness to take live in or live out Nanny Housekeep roles. It seems more common for live-in though.
Anecdotally, non-English nannies seem to the ones who want the roles, so if you've got your heart set on a Norland, it will probably be harder.

You're probably best off going via an agency. There is no shortage of them in your area.

Fenellat Sat 25-Jun-16 15:26:48

I think you're right for mums help/housekeeper it's easier to go through an agency. Il stomach the fees and do it smile thank you for your help xx

nicolasixx Sat 25-Jun-16 22:44:50

Little Ones is the agency to try, or Eden. They are so highly sought after in prime London they do earn very well.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now