Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

How much to charge for Childmining - Richmond, London

(7 Posts)
user1466239460 Sat 18-Jun-16 09:58:25

Hi all

I am about to start Before School and After School Childmining and would like some advice on how much I should charge per hour.

I do not have any qualifications but I am a mum of two.

I live in the Hampton Hill Area (Richmond Borough – London)

Any advice or suggestions regarding price would be much appreciated. I want to provide a fare figure

Thanks in advance

user1466239460 Sat 18-Jun-16 11:38:47

* I will be providing snacks only. No dinner *

Forresitters1 Sat 18-Jun-16 11:51:59

Depends what the going rate is in your area. Have you tried looking on childcare.co.uk or calling your local FIS/LA to check what prices other childminder's charge?

I charge £10 before school 8-9am and £26.50 for school pick up till 6pm or £30 per day for drop off and pick up. I'm in East London.

Also depending on when you registered as a cm, you might not necessarily have needed a childminding qualification. I'm assuming you are Ofsted registered as a cm or currently in the process?

nannynick Sat 18-Jun-16 14:30:19

You may want to do a per session fee rather than hourly. You can run your business as you like but getting an idea of what other providers charge can be useful.
Richmond Family Information Service may list local providers and give some idea of fees.
When you did your introduction to home childcare course did it not cover deciding how much to charge? If not then a book on small business accounts can be useful as they often have a chapter about pricing products/service.

nannynick Sat 18-Jun-16 14:32:56

Start by entering your postcode on http://www.richmond.gov.uk/childminders and see what other providers are local.

jannier Sat 18-Jun-16 19:44:53

when you say you have no qualifications do you mean apart from in child-minding or are you not registered? This affects what you can legally do and the charge.

Willow2016 Wed 22-Jun-16 10:44:26

Are you a registered cm or are you planning on doing care for over 8yr olds only, less than 2hrs a day?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now