This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Pushchair gurus I need you!

(8 Posts)
NickNacks Sat 18-Jun-16 08:04:55

In September I will have a 9mth old and a 12 month old but only on the same day once a week. So I need mostly a single but occasionally a double. I also have a full time 2.5 yr old so he may sit in it sometimes if tired.

I currently have a Graco which is like the Phil and Teds. It's great but knackered now and with two babies starting I thought it would be an ideal opportunity to get a new one.

I have two thoughts....

A) I get a couple of cheaper umbrella type buggies, one single and one double. Pro is obviously price and ease of putting up/down which is always a good thing when trying to get 6 children in to the car in the pouring rain!

B) a more expensive type which converts from a single to a double. I like the look of the Mothercare Genie. £400 it's expensive and the very most I'm prepared to pay.

Can anyone (childminders or parents) throw some thoughts in to what you might do in this situation?

callmedizzy Sat 18-Jun-16 08:08:48

Phil and teds everyday for me - love it you can get a real bargain second hand now 😊

NickNacks Sat 18-Jun-16 08:18:47

If I went for that type of pushchair again I'd probably get another of the same one I have, Graco Trekko Duo. It has more space between the two seats, is lighter and has plastic instead of air tyres (can't be doing with punctures!)

I wonder with two such little ones whether they might prefer being higher up, maybe parent facing?

NickNacks Sat 18-Jun-16 08:19:24

Obviously that should be childminder facing but you know what I mean!

Maryann1975 Sat 18-Jun-16 21:22:46

As a cm, I'd get a Phil and teds. I used to have a maclaren side by side which was fine when I had two babies of the same age, but hard to push baby and toddler and a pain when toddler got out to walk a bit. I got a second hand but pretty much new p&t and it's brilliant. I wouldn't worry about one being lower down, it's only one day a week and they aren't (presumably) in the buggy for that long anyway?

badgerhead Sat 18-Jun-16 21:32:53

How about the baby jogger city select, I'm also a childminder and have one of these. Great to use as a single or double & you can pick them up 2nd hand within your budget. I also have a trekko duo for sale if you are interested as now have a mountain buggy duet to replace it. I'm in Horsham

gruber Sat 18-Jun-16 22:18:22

I was about to say Baby Jogger City Select. Definitely big enough for the 2.5 year old if he is tired, very easy (apparently) to convert single to double and back again. You can have option of one or both parent facing, a bit more flexible than the Graco I think in that you can swap seats quite easily. Also can get carry cot attachments so if you ever had a tiny you could swap a seat for a carrycot. Robust (my friend's is 5 years old and going strong!) and all the bits wash really well.

NickNacks Sun 19-Jun-16 08:43:07

Thanks, I think I need to have a look/carry/practise with these pushchairs in real life. Would Mothercare have a good selection? We have a reasonably big one at the retail park I could visit.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now