Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Interview for nanny of ten months old

(6 Posts)
Jazzhandsandfeet Wed 08-Jun-16 20:17:18

Hi,
I have an interview for a nanny role for a ten month old. I haven't interviewed in a while and wondered if you had any tips or anything you think they could ask.

The interview is with the mum and child.

Thank you smile

8angle Thu 09-Jun-16 09:25:18

My tip would be to be yourself and be as honest and open as you can.

I am sure they will ask you about your experience with children of different ages, what activities you would do with the child, what interests you have, and hopefully when you can start work....

blublutoo Fri 10-Jun-16 13:22:06

Good luck smile

Just be yourself, show off your experience. Discuss activities you are happy to do. I researched baby groups in the area too which they were impressed with. To be honest, it's more about you clicking with the mum. So long as you have experience, and first aid etc... and you're a friendly person, things usually work out ok smile

HeadsTailsHillsandDales Sat 11-Jun-16 16:30:35

If the baby is going to be there, I would imagine that how you interact with him / her will be important. The nanny we ultimately hired first time around (and employed for 5 years - she was fantastic) had brought a couple of little props / toys to use when having a little play with our baby, and was clearly kind and loving.

If it is the mother's first time hiring a nanny, she may be worried about leaving her child with someone new (I was!). You need to be honest with her about your approach and methods, but when we hired out first nanny, the main thing I wanted was to find someone who was happy to work with me (and not patronise me as a newish mum and inexperienced nanny employer) and take the same sort of approach (to eating, routine, sleep time etc) as I did. The nanny who, on being asked what she would do if DC1 didn't settle for a nap, told me that she would use controlled crying and would be prepared to tough it out for as long as it took didn't get beyond that interview question.

Iguessyourestuckwithme Sat 11-Jun-16 16:40:31

current charge is 10 months.

I would discuss
- routine - what naps, when milk feeds are given, what time meals are
- activities - child already does, any you would like to attend
- development - what the baby can do, what you can do to encourage this
- food - how they're weaning, what foods they like, spoon fed vs babyled,
- sleep - how they settle baby for naps
- kitty/expenses
- hours/holiday

AdHocElla Mon 13-Jun-16 15:39:00

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now