Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

registration visit

(4 Posts)
Dizzywhore Mon 30-May-16 18:37:45

I have my registration visit in a few weeks and I'm worried Iv forgotten something!
Iv had little help from the learning alliance to get "ofsted ready"
I have my safeguarding flow charts up along with my fire evacuation procedures, my pass certificates, first aid certificate, a weekly menu, and an allergies list. I have risk assessments done and my polices in a folder. Anything Iv missed?
Thanks xx

HSMMaCM Mon 30-May-16 19:31:52

Insurance?

How you will communicate with parents ?

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/early-years-inspection-handbook-from-september-2015

Dizzywhore Mon 30-May-16 20:22:11

Thanks!

carawayseed77 Fri 17-Jun-16 17:09:24

Hi, I am in a similar situation - I haven't got a date for the registration visit yet though, and I am not as prepared as you are, either. And, I am not sure what to do next and how to proceed...where to start! I've got all my certificates, but where did you get that safeguarding flow chart? May I ask also about the learning alliance you mentioned - is that a local thing?

As for your question: I would have thought we need to be prepared to explain how we intend to help the children to "make progress with learning and development" i.e. what sort of activities we intend to do with them and how that relates to the EYFS.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now