We rely on advertising to keep the lights on.

Please consider adding us to your whitelist.

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Au pair position for my dd

(4 Posts)
callmedizzy Mon 23-May-16 15:21:38

Hi there, my daughter is 18, she is just completing her level 2 apprenticeship (finishes September) she would like to do some au pair work and travel a little before she settles anywhere, we are uk based, where is the best place/agency for her to approach ?

Queenmarigold Tue 24-May-16 14:06:34

Childcare.co.uk is a good one.

Im in the midlands and will be needing a part time live out au pair from Sept 2017

sleepwhenidie Tue 24-May-16 14:51:17

look at aupairworld.

Karoleann Tue 24-May-16 16:12:42

where does she want to au pair? i presume not in the uk! does she speak any other languages?

If she's only an english speaker she could look to go to the netherlands or one of the scandi countries where usually thety want their au pairs to speak english to the children. there are lots of au pair positions advertised on au-pair world.

If she would like to go to the US she has to go through an agency in order to obtain a visa and its a min stay of 12 months.

There are also lots of au pairs in australia too, as she's young and its a long way from home then an agency would probably be best too.

i wish i'd done it as a gap year..

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now