This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Gift for a childminder

(4 Posts)
Lifebeginsat41 Mon 16-May-16 16:53:01

Our twins have been with their childminder since they were 8 months old, they are now leaving her as they are starting secondary school in September but we want to give her something. Has anyone else been in the same situation and what did they give their childminder?

thanks

Ladybirdturd Tue 17-May-16 20:42:02

Hi OP, i am a childminder and previous to that a nursery manager. My favourite gift so far was a massage voucher and a handmade card with a photo of the child.

LittlelottieO Tue 17-May-16 21:54:50

My little girl was only at her childminders for 2 years (so a lot less than your twins!) but we got our wonderful childminder ticket master vouchers when my daughter left her. She booked a show with her family down in London and made it into a lovely weekend break!

jannier Wed 18-May-16 14:30:04

I think something to remember is nice you've had 2 lovely suggestions If your children made a card maybe they could put in things that they remember and funny stories I know for me I would much rather have something that reflect the children in terms of cards so home made is lovely, or if you don't want the art work let them loose on Moonpig which has some cards you can add text to as well as pics.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now