Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Employers liability insurance for nanny

(6 Posts)
nicegirl73 Wed 20-Apr-16 19:19:00

Hi all, I'm self employed so I have already 2 different public liability insurance policies and now I need to take out a third to cover the nanny I'm employing...

I can't seem to find many options out there, are there other ones than the nannytax one which people can recommend please?

Thank you!!!

bluecarpet Wed 20-Apr-16 19:35:38

It's often covered in your house insurance

nicegirl73 Wed 20-Apr-16 19:37:16

thank you, if only I can remember who i'm with lol

nannynick Wed 20-Apr-16 20:12:01

Morton Michel does one but I would talk to your home contents provider first as you may already be covered or able to add it for a small cost.
As a standalone product it is around £100 a year.

nicegirl73 Wed 20-Apr-16 20:35:56

Yes, after some detective work I managed to find and phone up my contents insurer and I am indeed covered for domestic staff.

Thank you for letting me know, I'm glad to be saving any money I can, and paperwork, there is A LOT involved in employing a nanny isn't there?!!!!

I need to find a nanny contract template too later....

nannynick Wed 20-Apr-16 20:59:39

If you are using a nanny payroll provider they will be able to provide you with a contract - some like NannyPaye will create a bespoke one to your particular requirements (and as you are looking at cost saving, they are a little cheaper than NannyTax). There is a lot involved in being an employer so using a payroll service who will do a lot of things for you and happily take phone calls about any things that crop up can be worth their annual fee.

On the plus side, you don't need to offer your nanny a pension yet - as you will be creating a PAYE scheme rather than using an existing one, you won't need to offer a pension until November 2017. Then the paperwork gets even worse!

NannyJob has a specimen contract that may suit you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now