This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

contratcs and pay reviews help please

(6 Posts)
JeSSicA19922 Mon 18-Apr-16 13:44:30

Hi everyone,
Im due to receive a contract for a new nanny/housekeeper position this eve via email. I was just wondering what is the 'norm' in regards to pay reviews? Should there be a clause in there saying review annually etc?

Any advice appreciated
x

writingonthewall Mon 18-Apr-16 15:24:39

Wouldn't think so. I've never had that in contracts that I have given nannies. Pay increase isn't automatic and may depend on whether the employer gets a pay rise!

HSMMaCM Mon 18-Apr-16 17:47:45

You can have an annual review without necessarily changing pay.

nannynick Mon 18-Apr-16 18:33:55

It may say something about having a end of probation review and an annual review. It would be good practice to carry out a review every now and then, though any issues would be brought up as they occur not left till a review that could be many months later.

vinoandbrie Tue 19-Apr-16 19:19:53

Our contract contains a clause stating that there will be an annual review, but that this does not mean that the nanny is entitled to a pay rise.

It's worded better than that!

Callaird Wed 20-Apr-16 21:05:27

My contract says annual pay review and pay rise in line with inflation. It's my contract, it says a lot of things that standard contracts do not have and a few things have been left out from standard contracts!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now