Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Nanny on a two year visa

(4 Posts)
FeelToBeFree Thu 07-Apr-16 21:58:54

Our fantastic nanny is moving to another part of the U.K. with her partner this summer.

I am interviewing now and my favourite candidate so far has just arrived on a two year visa.

Is it crazy to hire someone I know can only stay two years, and realistically is likely to want to leave before then to do a couple of months of travelling?

She is by far the best candidate I have met so far, but the guarantee that we will need to recruit again in 18 - 24 months is depressing (although realise it might happen whoever we hire).

How important do you think it is to have at least the possibility of a long term nanny?

Cindy34 Thu 07-Apr-16 22:50:44

Not crazy at all. Some nannies don't last more than a few months, other stay years but you can never be sure what will happen.

What visa do they have would be my concern. Tier 5 is fine, others are more tricky - are you sure they can work for you as a nanny, the visa may have restrictions.

Squiffy01 Fri 08-Apr-16 14:24:01

I think it would be a great 18monthish to have them. I would look into if they can work the entire time. I know one countries holiday visa you could only work for one year of it, that may have changed to the hole time now though not sure.

FeelToBeFree Mon 11-Apr-16 08:15:11

Thanks - they have come through an agency who have experience in NZ/Aus nannies, so I am reasonably sure the visa is legit.

Really worrying about having to recruit again so quickly, but nonetheless would rather hire the best possible person - so if no one else materialises in the next week I will go for it and hope for the best!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now