Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Who can counter sign my advanced disclosure? (Scotland)

(14 Posts)
Hironsbirons Thu 24-Mar-16 18:41:54

As title... Totally confused.

Thank you!

Cindy34 Thu 24-Mar-16 19:46:59

That seems to me to be saying it is a counter signatory who needs to do it, so maybe the person who got you the form. Did you get it from a nanny agency?

Hironsbirons Thu 24-Mar-16 19:49:40

No, I requested the forms myself through the Disclosure Scotland website. I'm not with a nanny agency either. Argh!

RJnomore1 Thu 24-Mar-16 19:53:56

It's a pbg form you need not Wnhanced disclosure.

RJnomore1 Thu 24-Mar-16 19:54:04


Hironsbirons Thu 24-Mar-16 19:59:05

The family I'm about to be employed by has requested the advanced disclosure - why does it need to be a PVG?

artlessflirt Thu 24-Mar-16 20:10:35

Probably worth going back to them and asking them to clarify.

I also thought this was regarding a PVG, as that is the Scottish equivalent of a DBS and checks that you aren't barred from working with vulnerable adults and children.

As far as I know an Enhanced Disclosure should be carried out by an employer, and has to be countersigned by someone registered with Disclosure Scotland.

RJnomore1 Thu 24-Mar-16 20:13:01

Because the work you are going to be undertaking comes under the definition of regulated work you need a Pvg. Call disclosure Scotland and talk to them. You need a statement of scheme membership which doesn't require a counter signatory, you send copies of your document - not originals - direct to disclosure Scotland.

RJnomore1 Thu 24-Mar-16 20:13:39

You need that anyway I'll see if you can get an enhanced - not advanced - disclosure as well these days.

RJnomore1 Thu 24-Mar-16 20:16:48

Nope only an registered employer or organisation can request an enhanced disclosure.

However for childcare you MUST be a member of Pvg . If you carry out regulated work there is no option.

Hironsbirons Thu 24-Mar-16 20:40:31

Gotcha. The family have never had a nanny before, and I've never formally been employed as a nanny - just an au pair. I've got this opportunity because they're happy with my experience. Looks like PVG it is. Can I collect forms anywhere, or do you HAVE to request them from Disclosure Scotland? Such a hassle having to wait for them in the post, wish I could just print them!

Thanks all, you've been very helpful! smile

artlessflirt Thu 24-Mar-16 21:19:09

I think there are 'middle man' services that you can use online but I'd be wary of how legit they are and come at a price.

Not sure if you can pick the forms up from anywhere, think they have to come direct.

RJnomore1 Thu 24-Mar-16 21:56:25

I can't see any other option but honestly I would call them and explain they are so helpful.

They are going through in about two weeks just now if there's no issues.

Glad to help! Enjoy the new job.

Cindy34 Thu 24-Mar-16 23:00:48

Could you go to a nanny agency and ask them if they can do the check. They may also be able to offer the parents a service where the parents can use the agencies registration for being able to use childcare vouchers. Childcare vouchers would depend on the parents employer offering those.

Can be a long way to an agency though... agencies are often city based and you may be working in the countryside/mountains. Where in Scotland are you?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now