Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

CM - looking to set up setting

(3 Posts)
wineandsunshine Sat 19-Mar-16 18:03:06

I'm after any advice really after looking at a few negative threads on here about early years settings....

I am considering applying to set up a nursery (currently a CM) for 2.5 years. Obviously this would be a massive step for me but something I have always wanted to do.

BUT I have limited experience of employing staff, contracts, pensions?! Etc....so I'm not sure if I would be totally crazy even trying and what support if any there is??

Help....confusedconfused

HSMMaCM Sun 20-Mar-16 11:26:16

Speak to your local authority, but when I looked into it, there's a big gap between running a worthwhile cm business and running a nursery. Not jut in the practical sense of accounts, staff and premises, but also in taking on enough children quickly to make it viable.

wineandsunshine Sun 20-Mar-16 18:08:48

Thankyou - yes I will speak to them soon, I am just putting my feelers out really for anyone who has experience of actually doing it!

A premises has been advertised by the LA who are seeking a childcare setting to apply as demand is there....its just everything that goes along with it!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now