Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Extended Baby Sitting Hours

(8 Posts)
yummymumoftwoandanangel Fri 11-Mar-16 23:03:52

I have to travel abroad on a work related issue. I have asked the lady who babysits my daughter to stay over from Sunday to Friday (when I return) My daughter goes to school full time. The babysitter will be with her from 6pm to 7.30am, when she leaves for school. I have asked her several times how much she will charge me and she says any amount I am willing to pay her. This has put me in a quandary. I am making separate arrangements for my daughter to be dropped off and picked up from school. I normally pay the babysitter a little bit more than the going rate for our area. How much would be a reasonable offer for the 5 days whilst I am away? I will travel again later in the year for a fortnight. I may need her services during the weekdays if my mum is unable to look after my daughter. I don't want to set a precedent which I can't maintain. What would be a reasonable offer?

LaurieFairyCake Fri 11-Mar-16 23:10:07

A week of a Nanny's salary? About 500-600?

eastmidswarwicknightnanny Sat 12-Mar-16 05:03:21

I would say £70-120 per night depending how much you normally pay her.

Cindy34 Sat 12-Mar-16 08:22:13

6pm-11pm ... Normal amount you pay for evening babysitting.
11pm-6am ... An overnight fee, perhaps £40
6am onwards ... Normal daytime childcare fee, typically higher than the evening fee but could be the same.

What happens during the day? If school closes, if your daughter has an accident or is ill, who would be on-call for picking her up?

eurycantha Sat 12-Mar-16 11:34:02

I would charge exactly the same as Cindy.

Jesabel Sat 12-Mar-16 11:36:12

I would say babysitting money 6pm-11pm, overnight fee (£30-£40) then babysitting money from when your DD wakes to 7.30am.

jclm Sat 12-Mar-16 18:38:35

Same as Cindy. Also make provisions in case your daughter is poorly at school. Can babysitter be on call? X

Blondeshavemorefun Mon 14-Mar-16 16:45:13

What happens if your child falls over at school /gets hurt /is sick etc - is the babysitter on call

If she is on call incase / as means can't work elsewhere /do anything then you need to pay her as well

Tbh she isn't a babysitter. She is doing proxy parenting as you are absent/out of country

As others have said / her usual bs rate from 6pm to 11pm

And sleep over fee of £30/50

Yes it does get costly but don't forget this person is in charge of your child and can't go out in the evenings /nights etc

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now