This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Mb and mothers day

(6 Posts)
AnotherRubberDuck Wed 09-Mar-16 08:48:36

I'm not currently working for my family (mum is on mat leave) so I wasn't included in the organisation this year.
But I find out that the kids (& Db) didn't do anything for Mb for mothers day.
Would it be weird for me to give her a card to say that I think she's a wonderful mum? I think she's doing a really fab job and don't want her to go unappreciated. But would it be weird?

Blondeshavemorefun Wed 09-Mar-16 11:52:45

Silly db !!!!

Bet mb felt awful on Sunday

Do you not work for this family at all at the moment? If you are doing really short hours I would have made one with kids - if wasn't working at all would have sent a text to db reminding him about Mother's Day beginning of last week

Not sure you sending her a card is right iyswim

Trollicking Wed 09-Mar-16 13:30:43

I wouldn't, lots of people don't do anything for Mother's Day. I don't mention it to my mum and my adult DC don't mention it to me. We are all very close but we completely ignore Mother's Day.

squashtastic Wed 09-Mar-16 16:32:38

The op didn't need to text and remind an adult to do something for mother's day. Unless the person has been locked away in a bubble it would be impossible to not know. They just didn't bother. Certainly not the OP's job.

Anyway, I think it's a nice idea, but it depends on the person.. probably best to leave it.

Maryann1975 Wed 09-Mar-16 20:54:45

I would think it was weird if you sent a card. She isn't your mum. The children's father or her partner should have stepped up. You arent working for them, so it's not your job to organise anything at the moment. Like trollicking says, they may not be bothered about Mother's Day and that's why they didn't do anything.

Blondeshavemorefun Wed 09-Mar-16 21:23:07

I usually remind my bosses by saying 'it's mothers /fathers days/birthday next week have you got something or would you like me to make a card etc from The children?'

A subtle hint smile

Sadly not a mum but I would find it hard if I was and didn't get a card from young children aka daddy

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now