Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

When to recruit?

(3 Posts)
Toomanywheeliebinsagain Thu 11-Feb-16 10:16:24

I need to back to work full time in May. Currently use a combination of nursery, school and partner, grandparents and childminder for childcare when I work. Need to recruit a nanny for 25 hours a week, London zone 1-2. I know this is how long is a piece of string but should I start recruiting now or wait til a bit closer? Advice welcome smile

Yerazig Thu 11-Feb-16 13:11:42

Yes I would definitely start recruiting now. with it being mid February by the time you've put an ad up, Interviewed some people asked a few to come back for a second time, meet both parents/children again etc that would probably be taking you into March. And a lot of nannies have 6/8 weeks notice period.

ChelseaNannyTree Tue 23-Feb-16 17:54:35

Start looking around now, its best to be prepared and have someone ready. If its the right Nanny, you can look at starting a handover slightly early as well which will give you more reassurance

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now