Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Gift ideas to say good bye to au pair?

(4 Posts)
MrsFogi Sat 09-Jan-16 11:05:12

Hi our first au pair will be leaving us very soon and I'd like to get her something to say thank you and good bye. Has anyone got any ideas and what do people normally do when au pairs leave (how big or small a present is the "norm"?)?
All advice from veteran au pair mums gratefully received smile.

Lonecatwithkitten Sat 09-Jan-16 12:05:58

It is going to come down to how much you want to spend and how long they have been with year.
Jewellery in the past has been popular.

Karoleann Sat 09-Jan-16 16:37:31

I've given mine handbags, tiffany keyrings, our first was only here for the summer so I just got some really nice nail varnish +photos of us all in a little frame. The last au pair I gave some money to as well.

Current au pair just wants the cash as she'll be moving to London and getting a proper job (teaching) and needs it for a deposit. But I'll get her a little photo as well.

WeetabixExpress Sat 09-Jan-16 16:40:18

Bought last one concert tickets for a show as a surprise. Clubbed together with best friends hostmum so both girls could go. They went to the Summertime ball and said it was the best day of their year here.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now