Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Leaving gift ideas for childminder

(7 Posts)
Beeegcuddle Fri 08-Jan-16 11:48:08

My son will be soon leaving his childminder after being with her for over 2 years and I really would like to give her something to say thank you. She has been amazing and they have a really special bond.

Childminders - what would you like to receive as a thank you?! I had thought of perhaps a restaurant voucher for a family dinner? She has two teenage children.

I know that she's not a spa fan, so pamper vouchers aren't really an option.

I would appreciate any ideas!

thank you

Sidge Fri 08-Jan-16 11:51:30

We moved counties recently and I gave my wonderful CM a restaurant voucher - she also has teenage kids! She loved it and apparently they had a really nice meal out. We also gave her a mug they'd painted, a photo frame with a pic of my girls in (if she's sick of the sight of them she can use the frame for something else grin ) and flowers.

Beeegcuddle Fri 08-Jan-16 11:54:03

Thank you Sidge - all of those ideas are fab!

puddycat1 Fri 08-Jan-16 15:06:03

I have just finished with a family after a total of 17 years childminding for them. I didn't even get a thank you.

Bonkerz Sun 10-Jan-16 16:30:47

Don't forget a fab reference. As a childminder my best gifts are the flowers and alcohol accompanied by a card with lovely things written in it about my role. These are all kept in a folder to show prospective parents and of course OFSTED!

PhoebeMcPeePee Mon 11-Jan-16 22:00:45

I would say card from your DS with nice words added from you plus a bottle of fizz and flowers would be lovely. I've had vouchers, a gorgeous handbag (!) flowers and fizzy and have been equally happy with all of them but most touched by cards and kind words plus promise of a glowing reference - or better still a 'To whom it may concern' already written reference included to put in my prospective parent folder grin

BlueChampagne Thu 21-Jan-16 13:30:49

My boys left their childminder last August after 8 years, so I got them a box from www.plantabox.co.uk/ with the kids' names on it and filled it with plants (in pots, in case they wanted to use the box indoors). Also a nice thank you card saying how good they've been, with examples (aka glowing reference).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now