This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

NYE babysitting rates

(36 Posts)
Anon2309 Thu 24-Dec-15 23:46:16

Can someone tell me the going rate for babysitting on Nye in London?

writingonthewall Fri 25-Dec-15 08:49:47

A friend of mine was quoted £17/hour NW London zone 3

malovitt Fri 25-Dec-15 15:51:06

I usually charge £10 per hour for a single family in central London. If there's children from another family there as well then it's £15 per hour. I drive myself there and back too.

Anon2309 Fri 25-Dec-15 17:10:40

£10 for new years eve babysitting? That's incredibly cheap isn't it?

littleladyluna Fri 25-Dec-15 18:22:42

Double my usual rate, which is £10 an hour. SW London.

OfstedNannyEmma Fri 25-Dec-15 22:06:38

I charge £15ph in London-normally charge £10 so time and a half for nye

( pm me if you're in need of a babysitter wink)

Artandco Fri 25-Dec-15 22:13:34

£30 around here. Usually rate £15. Bank holidays £20, NYE £30

justmemeandi Fri 25-Dec-15 22:49:43

I'd say double is fair. I charge £8 per hour normally. so that would be 16. but would probably just make is 15 per hour as it's a rounder number. but I don't babysit NYE so wouldn't know if that's normal!

summerainbow Fri 25-Dec-15 23:03:09

I babysitting for one family don't charge them more. but I know their kids very well. we have a great time. I have never like NYE so to having a really nice time is means more to me.

GloriaHotcakes Fri 25-Dec-15 23:04:38

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

peppielillyan Sat 26-Dec-15 12:36:05

I worked yesterday with a family (helping to keep kids busy whilst they were wrapping staff, cooking, etc xmas mess) for £9ph.
Will be with another family near Marylebone on New Yrs Eve for £9ph.

writingonthewall Sat 26-Dec-15 22:00:13

Those of you who don't increase your rates are stark staring bonkers, IMHO, especially for a family who can afford to live in Marylebone! NYE should surely be at least double time.

peppielillyan Sat 26-Dec-15 22:57:39

i feel really bad when i am questioned on fees and some families exclaim "that the govt pays £4-£5 for a child per hour, and i want more than that!"....

hibbleddible Sat 26-Dec-15 23:41:16

Peppie your rates are far too cheap!

I was paid £10 an hour 6 years ago in London, and got a premium for more than 2 children/after midnight/bank holiday. I had more offers of work than I had time for.

Nye/Christmas day I would expect to pay double rates.

Increase your rates smile

malovitt Sun 27-Dec-15 08:15:24

I live in a very affluent area but that doesn't mean that people who live around here huge amounts of disposable income.
Most have massive mortgages and going out is a treat for many.
Most of my clients are those for whom I've childminded for in the past and their friends/neighbours. I charge £8 per hour (usually with a five hour minimum) so it makes it affordable for people to go to the cinema and a meal out.
I am asked at least three times per week by various people because it is affordable.
I get to relax in a lovely house, in peace and quiet watching a film or reading my book and earn on average £120 per week.
Last year, my babysitting money paid for my two holidays, new laptop, annual gym membership and loads of treats.

So I won't put my rates up.

Anon2309 Sun 27-Dec-15 11:07:17

Not to be rude - but please stay on the topic. The going rate for Central London babysitting, @Malovitt your post has nothing to do with what I asked

Vixxfacee Sun 27-Dec-15 11:10:49

You are being rude actually.

expatinscotland Sun 27-Dec-15 11:27:21

This website has posters from all over the world. If you want to dictate who answers your posts why don't you try asking your question on a site or page for C. London?

Savagebeauty Sun 27-Dec-15 11:29:32

Blimey OP.
You're not coming across well.

Dd is getting £100 for NYE SW London.
Hope that's on topic.

Stillwishihadabs Sun 27-Dec-15 12:04:17

Definitely double time and double that after midnight. So round here £10 p/h until 12 then £20, I would say its classic case of supply and demand.

Anon2309 Sun 27-Dec-15 14:17:54

I don't mind posters from over the world saying their local rates for nye - but I know how mumsnet posts can get off topic very soon by people posting stuff that doesn't exactly match the asked question, so excuse mo for asking one question, and finding out that babysitting paid for someone's holiday.

hibbleddible Sun 27-Dec-15 15:54:52

anon you do come across as quite rude trying to stifle conversation. Threads do evolve on mumsnet, as they do any other chat forum, but telling poster's off won't garner you any favour. Besides, you have already had plenty of posters answer your specific question, so I don't understand the anxiety.

expatinscotland Sun 27-Dec-15 15:58:36

Then try posting on another site where the mods let you dictate peoples' responses.

HeartsTrumpDiamonds Sun 27-Dec-15 16:06:07

Well I was going to answer your question but you have offended me by being horribly rude, so I'm not going to now.

malovitt Sun 27-Dec-15 16:45:35

I was answering you, OP
I am in CENTRAL LONDON.
You said, in response to me " £10 per hour - that's incredibly cheap, isn't it?"
I was explaining why my CENTRAL LONDON charges are cheap.
I'd rather charge less and do it more often, obviously only to my lovely polite, friendly clients.

It's a tiny thread with barely 20 responses - I don't see too much difficultly with letting the thread run. I'm sure you will be able to pick out the answers you need.

Jesus.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now