Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Xmas presents for MB & DB

(10 Posts)

Just occurred to me that i finish for Xmas on Monday and have completely forgotten to sort their Xmas gifts hmm

I'll do something from the kids but I like to buy them each a little something

They're not really "photos round the house people" , neither work in offices so don't have photos on their desks, have done about 5 mugs since I've been there, but what they want when they want and my budget is £20 combined (normally more but I'm broke now!!)

Does anyone have any ideas!? Argh!

Cindy34 Thu 17-Dec-15 06:36:30

Something practical for the home, such as new egg cups?

Iguessyourestuckwithme Thu 17-Dec-15 06:53:16

I did a photo bauble for the tree - kids in Xmas outfits (boots) a photo calendar (snapfish) and made some mince pies.

Iguessyourestuckwithme Thu 17-Dec-15 06:59:20

Ah from you?

Do they like nice coffee? Nice biscuits or crackers for am evening snack, my lot would appreciate a star ucks gift card and a free hour to grab a coffee together,

nbee84 Thu 17-Dec-15 07:28:25

I usually go for a really nice bottle of wine or a bottle of champagne if I can find it on special offer.

NannyNim Thu 17-Dec-15 08:03:44

I once gave a cinema gift card and a "voucher" for a free babysit. That went down well and didn't cost a fortune!

writingonthewall Thu 17-Dec-15 10:41:41

Neither of my nannies has given me a Christmas present! They've given presents to the kids. I wouldn't expect one.

(maybe they just didn't like me..... fsad)

Ive never NOT given one to my bosses....infact I still do to two families I haven't worked for in 5 & 2 years!

Some great ideas, Thabka all!

Callaird Thu 17-Dec-15 23:41:39

I've never given my bosses a Christmas present!

I make things from my charges to them. This year we made salt dough tree ornaments and a bauble. I've done photo Christmas cards and family organiser. I've taken some great photos of my charge so have printed them A3. They can decide what to do with them! I have spent a bit in my charge though!!

chocchipbrioche Fri 18-Dec-15 23:24:54

I normally give my bosses a babysitting golden ticket. One free week day babysit up to 11 o clock. The value comes in around £50. My thinking is that they earn more than me and I can't buy them anything they cant buy for themselves so giving them a night out free of charge is something they appreciate.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now