Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Au pair Christmas presents/bonus

(4 Posts)
MrsFogi Sun 06-Dec-15 21:12:41

Hi we have a lovely au pair. She is our first and I don't know what the norm is about Christmas. Do I give her a bonus, a present or both? And, what amount should I be spending - is is linked to her weekly pay? All pointers very welcome.

Karoleann Sun 06-Dec-15 23:01:29

We give ours a present only at Christmas and then a bit of cash plus a personal present at the end of their contract.
Something British always goes down well e.g. afternoon tea somewhere (we tend to get for her and a friend), we've got theatre tickets before, harry potter studios tour etc.

Akire Sun 06-Dec-15 23:05:21

Defo get her something my sister was a nanny got no Xmas bonus or gift worked very long hours. The window cleaner who came once month got left a bottle of whisky! That just shows who you appreciate!

catbasilio Wed 16-Dec-15 13:52:00

I am thinking of giving 50 pounds plus a small bag of British goodies (tea, mince pies etc.) to take to his family over Christmas holidays. Actually my aupair is very average/below average and hence even 50 pounds seems to much, but equally 30 or 40 pounds may seem odd.
It would work out cheaper if I just bought a present but cannot think of anything to get for him!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now